Community Rules and Terms and Conditions
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules and terms and conditions.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation, libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or otherwise illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
Violation of Rules
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
PalliHub respects the community. We understand that people may inadvertently violate the rules, and we will not immediately ban someone from the community following a single violation. Rather, PalliHub follows a graduated enforcement policy for these rules.
- First Violation: A written notice is sent to the member who violates the rules.
- Second Violation: A written notice is sent to the member who violates the rules. The individual’s community account is put into moderation for 30 days so that messages from the account are reviewed before they are posted online. The individual will be contacted by the organisation's community manager.
- Third Violation: The member's community access is suspended for six months.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Palliative Care Tasmania Limited (Palliative Care Tasmania). Palliative Care Tasmania is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
Palliative Care Tasmania is not responsible for, and does not endorse or control, the content transmitted or posted on by users (“User Content”) and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the User Content.
Palliative Care Tasmania, its employees, contractors and agents accept no liability whatsoever for any User Content provided on the site, including, without limitation, in relation to the currency, accuracy or completeness of the User Content and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Palliative Care Tasmania disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Palliative Care Tasmania or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Palliative Care Tasmania disclaims liability for any loss or damage which may arise from information posted on this site including any User Content. In no event shall Palliative Care Tasmania be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
All person should exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of User Content and should carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the User Content or any material contained on any linked site.
By accepting these terms and conditions you agree not to post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or otherwise illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Palliative Care Tasmania and users of this site a royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate:
- terms or conditions of sale;
- profit margins;
- cost data;
- market shares;
- sales territories or markets;
- allocation of customers or territories; or
- selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Palliative Care Tasmania does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Palliative Care Tasmania we will take all appropriate action.
Palliative Care Tasmania reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
When posting or otherwise communicating content, you indemnify Palliative Care Tasmania and our employees, contractors and agents against any claim by a third party arising out of any breach of these terms by you. These terms do not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.